CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Well, as you know, I made it safely back to CUAA. Although I had a delay in Chicago. (I was supposed to arrive in Detroit at 10:00p.m., I didn't get in till 12 (due to maintennance delays, ill passengers, and de-icing of the plane) and didn't arrive on Campus until 1:00a.m....and then I had class in the morning at 9:00a.m.....I was really sleepy) Ben and Mike thankfully were gracious enough to venture out in the yucky snowy weather and pick me up from the airport.

My first week back at college consisted of getting adjusted to my new set of classes (only 15 credits this semester, instead of the stressful 18) and rescheduling myself to Monday through Saturday softball practices. At the end of this week, it would appear as if I never left, except for the nagging thoughts always on my mind of missing home.

Practice everyday this week ranging from 2 to our max one one day of 3 and 1/2 hours of practice has left my body utterly exhausted. I'm really going to have to take care of myself in order to stay well and healthy. (Don't let me forget to mention though, that I feel great about softball right now, my skills keep progressing - although there are definately frustrating moments and times for me - and I am preparing myself for the upcoming season and our spring break tournament at the end of February)

My classes are superb... Except for my elementary satistics class (I can already see it's going to be very dry and boring, although I don't think it will be exceptionally difficult) and my American Government class (my professor is a spastic nut, it's hard to focus). On the other hand, my other three classes really quite excite me: intro to sociology, child psychology, and English literature genre and interpretation (this one is my absolute favorite, the professor is simply amazing and makes me fall in love with reading and writing all over again)
This week I didn't have much homework, but starting next week I am going to (once again) settle down and discipline myself to classes, homework, practice, and work... I don't think my schedule is going to leave much time for socialization so I tried to fit in as much of that is possible this first week.

Jenny and I hit up Starbucks this week as a reuinion to our coffee dates. (Notice she has these super hip bangs now and she's also drinking a HOT drink; this is only the 2nd time I've seen her sip one, she prefers cold drinks) At this time I will also mention that she has the talent of ordering one drink and coming away with two tall sample drinks and one Venti (the largest offered) drink.... I came away with one and the exact size I ordered... she found a hottie at Starbucks, I didn't, lol.
In this picture below is Adora who plays basketball. I hang out with her and Catherine a lot, watching movies and such. This picture is classic because she's wearing a Dora the Explora hat that her coach gave her Christmas. Adora and I are always giving each other a hard time, but it's full of laughter. This weekend she introduced me to Chocolate/Peanut Butter Chex Mix, simply yummy! (It tastes a lot like Muddy Buddy Mix, also referred to as Puppy Chow here in Michigan.)

This here, it's just a silly picture of us being...well silly. While a mixture of sorts were going on in the room, we were being crazy and getting the guy's side of things from Sean while we all flipped through the pages of Cosmo Magazine, ha ha ha.
Last night I ended my weekend with a movie night with Jeni, Ben, and Mike... very relaxing, my body is still worn down from J Master J's work outs and practices everyday, so I haven't felt like doing much except for sitting like lump on the coach. So watching a lot of movies this weekend didn't bother me a bit.
Today is Monday, Martin Luther King's day, so we didn't have school. I guess we actually celebrate over here in the mid west and east side of the U.S. I don't ever remember getting out of school for this holiday in Idaho. So today I'm spending my time writing letters to people back home that I will send out on Tuesday morning, relaxing with a couple of friends, and then preparing myself for another evening of softball practice in the gym at 6:00.
So for now, I must flitter and flee. Have a good good good day! I love you all my precious peeps back home!

2 comments:

Dani said...

You sat like a lump on your coach? That's not a good way to make them like you. At least not back here in Idaho. Who knows how you crazy Michiganians do it.

Always, Lexi... said...

COUCH... I meant couch NOT coach...oh I'm such a dingleberry sometimes...!