I believe that this morning we have reached the edge of winter, and soon we will fall of the edge and find ourself in a full fledged flurry of snowflakes.
This morning, I woke up to the first real snow that stuck to the ground. Before I got out of bed I thought about making my way to the den and sitting by the crackling fire by my mother's side while she reads a mystery novel. From there I thought about sitting on our lovely, comfortable, gold couches (My mom told me that we have them no longer, my parents gave them to my sister and Luke...and now we have stiff cold white leather couches, blah. Anyhow...) and looking out the dining room window to see my father dispersing hay among our hourses. During this train of thought my mother is in the kitchen baking, the smells of delicious homecooked food waft through my senses. And I begin the morning in a way filled with contentment with the comforts of my family and home.
But in reality I stretched in my twin bed covered in a blanket of farm animals made by my Grandma, and then I proceded to crawl out of bed and stand up on the floor (that is much in need of a good vaccuum) of my college dorm and make my way to the cold floor of a stalled bathroom shared by four girls... If only we were able to stay in the daze of our daydreams, sigh.
Thankfully.... I am ready for the arrival of winter. I was going to wait till I came at home at Christmas for the purchase of a winter coat (with the wonderful help of my parents) but Jeni and I went on a necessity shopping spree late last night after rearranging our room and we happened to find a few things that weren't on our lists in TjMaxx. (My purchases included the perfect winter coat, warm, fuzzy, colors that blend well together, a striking pattern, and thumb holes that make me feel special, and all for a wonderfully low price that even I couldn't resist. Also....you will see in the picture on my feet are some extra special funky cute boots, that will aide me well in slushy weather such as we are experiencing....and the colors match my coat also....yea, my lil splurge!)
Funny story though, I was so excited about my wonderful goodies that I walked out of the store with one of my bags. I had to laugh and share the story with my mother...because indeed we are alike and I am her daughter. The guy that helped me at the cash register followed Jeni and I out of the store calling, "You forgot your boots"...although at first we thought some random guy was saying, "I like your boots" (Jeni was wearing her cow rain boots at the time which she gets complimented on often) and so we didn't turn around immediately.
In case you didn't get enough detail of my new winter wear, I'm including some closeup shots.
Other things that happened this week (it was really quiet on campus) was Jeni and I rearranging our room. We just kind of had a nice little time to ourselves to catch up on our lives in various aspects. Here's what our new set up looks like.
The Edge of Winter...
and after church today we had our weekly ritual coffee date at the Common Cup. She ordered Baza Nova Oolong tea, which is hot p.s....Jeni doesn't like hot drinks. I ordered a gingerbread latte to try and switch it up from my usual Chai Latte. Needless to say, Jeni's been in a 'try new things' funk this week, maybe it's partly due to her being on antibiotics for the case of bronchitis that she's been fighting this last week.
Other news this weekend, I was able to, after various long conversations with Dell Technical support (try communicating with someone from India, the accent hinders the help), get my computer working again after it had been brutally injured by a virus attack about a week and half ago. To get it working again, I had to wipe it completely clean back to it's original settings. I was able to save all my documents and the picutres that I've taken since being here at college, but the rest of my pictures are lost to me until I go home at Christmas and retrieve them from my parent's computer. Bad news bears....but it was a necessary sacrifice for the benefit of my homework and communication experience here at college.
Well as much as I love typing all these lil tid bits to you, I must flee to my homework, or rather head drudgingly in that direction...I'm afraid even though I have a huge homework load to take care of today, I still have the nerve to procrastinate. I blame it on the weather, bah!
Have a wonderfuly wintry day. Hugs and kisses!
Posted by Always, Lexi... at 12:21:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey you! So I loved this post. What a cute coat you bought, and the boots too of course. I'm so happy to see how good you seem to be doing. I miss you like crazy, but you know I'm so proud of you for making it so far from home. I love you so much. It's always nice to read and catch up. Love you miss!
Carl
Post a Comment