Thanksgiving shouldn't be the only day that we sit down with our loved ones and revel in our company and blessings. And for most it isn't, thankfully.
I am writing this today to let everybody that has ever been and continues to be a part of my life, know how much I am blessed by God because of you.
Being away from home for the first time on a holiday, is most definately very difficult. Instead of watching the Muppet Christmas Show with my family, having an afternoon treat of doughnuts with my relatives and a scrumptious dinner followed by card games and yummy homemmade deserts, I am sharing dinner with the Smiths (who I stayed with over fall break) and eating the most delicious of foods (Donna's a superb cook). They have been so hospitable to me, and taken me in as their own. However, I'm like a stranger on the outside looking in. I don't know the family stories they speak of, the interweavings of their interactions.
I miss my family, I miss our own stories. I have cried many tears these last three months...some would think because I am homesick...and that is where the source stems, but the roots of my tears have come from overwhelming moments of love for my family and friends, and all the ways in which God has blessed me in my life.
I am truly grateful...and I will make my way home. Until then, you are all in my heart and I am with you in spirit.
Always and forever, Alexis.

0 comments:
Post a Comment