CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My life as I know it = Softball...

Hello dear ones....I've been ket away from my blogging by my busy bumblebee schedule of college and softball...so let's do a quick catch up session...

This is my Concordia Softball team: 14 amazing girls and 2 phenomonal coaches! We first came together as a whole team when we left for our spring break tournament on Feb. 27th to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We were housed in a nice hotel right on the beach..unfortunately for the first few days the winter weather from Michigan followed us so we didn't go enjoy the sand and the waves to much...but the weather temperature continued to rise the whole week that we were there. Although it was a vacation, we were there mainly to play softball....and that is what we did. (Let me first preface that the CUAA's softball team record last year was...well, they only won one game... That's why our team picture is on a tractor because we're about to "Build A New Future"). Now let's see here, back on track... We played eight games during the tournament and we come out with a record of 3:5... We should've gone 8:0; the five games that we lost were all only by a single run. Needless to say we've already beaten last year's record and hopefully we will keep improving as the season progresses.





Unfortunately we had a bump in the road...our second basemen Lindsay was injured on a play sliding into home and ended up in the hospital with a broken rib and a punctured lung for most of our time down there. It was tough on the team, but thankfully she's healed well and wasn't more seriously injured.
Personally I played quite well overall, especially at the beginning of the tournament. I played every game starting out in right field and number one in the batting line up. Overall I was pleased with my performance...hopefully the whole season continues that way.

Next in line, a few pictures just to show you how wonderful it was being away from CUAA campus for awhile, even if it wasn't back at home. Although playing two games a day for a week straight was completely exhausting, it was relaxing at the same time because I only had to focus on one thing the whole entire time: softball.
This was the first morning that we were there...we went for a team jog and then were just standing in awe of being at the beach on the Atlantic Ocean...and next thing you no I dived into the ocean and a few of my teammates followed in after me.
Frigid cold, but a mighty good time!







Very important to note for this picture....I was experimenting with my hair one evening after getting out of the shower...this is my first official french braid on my own head made with my own fingers, without even looking... pretty good aye? Needless to say it's easy and convenient so I french braid my hair a lot now these days. :)
Here Catherine, Lindsay, and I are chilling together while quite a few of the rest of the team were all fake bakin at a tanning salon...we decided to stay quite white that night...Although I did get sunburned while in Myrtle Beach and now I have a fresh outbreak of big brown freckles across my nose to show for it.















Group photo of a good half of us the last time we were on the beach chilling. We were sad to go.

Our last night there we went to a Broadway At The Beach boardwalk type of place with lots of touristy shops...Jeni and I decided to try on some buggin' glasses...but really we were on a mission to find her some hot red aviators which we didn't see anywhere unfortunately.

We tried to spend as much time on the beach as much as possible whether it be warm or cold outside. It made me so content to run along the beach at night, with the wet sand squishing in my toes and the roar of the waves crashing on the shore. I collected a lot of shells just for kicks and giggles, and I even was fortunate enough to see a few dolphins swimming along the horizon one afteroon.
Even in Myrtle Beach, I couldn't forget about my loved ones back home. At the end of the trip when I was ready to go home, I was ready to go HOME, not just back to my new little nest on college campus. Woe is me though...
On a happier note, I only have about one and a half more months until I fly back to Idaho. WAHOO!!
Until then I'm just flying off the handle with my classes and my softball season....until next time!

2 comments:

Carlie said...

Hey you!

I loved all these photos, you look so different to me! But in an amazing way! I am so glad to see you doing well. I miss you though. SO a little catch up on us, I'm leaving for Utah in just over 2 MONTHS! I am so nervous! I got a scholarship to UVU, and I'm going down next week to interview for a job. SO I'll you know how that goes. Shoot me a text or an e-mail. I miss you! Love you doll. I think about you often. Oh and P.S. my sister had her little boy two nights ago. Max Judd Parkinson. Soo cute!

Anonymous said...

Alexis I love your blog!!! In a day where young adults are choosing to quit and blame others for their failures, you are enduring lifes's challenges like an adult and I am proud of you, and seems to be you are having fun at the same time. You are leading by example ...which we all could do more of!
WE LOVE YOU!
STAY STRONG AND LIVE LIFE!
RHONDA AND THE BOYS