Over a month into my sophomore year and I'm finding it to to be a very pleasant experience. This year feels different from last year. I think in some ways it's less overwhelming because it's not a continual overload of new experiences. I know what to expect from classes and softball, and for the most part, people. I still get homesick quite a bit but I am better at coping with it. (By the way, 2 months until I come home for Christmas! :) At this point I'm happy and content with where I am and where I believe I am headed.
My 3 roommates and constant companions are basketball players Adora in the middle (Baby D or just D), Johanna on the left (Jo or Jo-Jo) and Kyrie on the right (Kk - Technically she is a commuter but because of basketball practice schedules and other events we keep a bed for her & consider her as our 4th roomie :). We're always laughing together about one thing or another and truly enjoy each other's company. It's lovely living and spending time with friends who for the most part share the same values and views on almost every aspect of our daily lives.
And not to forget Catherine (Also known as Cat or Kitty - but she would rather her full name) Catherine is also my regular old sidekick in both good times and bad.
For the most part I'm spending most of my free time with the same people that I did last year,
Somehow I've managed to maintain a full schedule just like last year this is just an example of what an average week looks like for me.
Monday: Classes from 9:30-1:30, Practice from 4-6:00, Night class from 6-9:00pm.
Tuesday: Child Observation 9:30-11:00, Class from 1-2:30, Practice from 3-5:00, Work from 7-8:30, Offerings (Worship with peers, singing and meditation) from 10:15-11pm.
Wednesday: Classes from 9:30-1:30, Practice from 4-6:00, Work from 7-8:30pm, Athletes in Action from 9-10:00
Thursday: Individuals with Coach from 9:30 -10:15, Class from 1-2:30, Practice from 3-5:00, Night class from 6-9:00pm. Dorm devotionals at 10:15pm.
Friday: Chapel @ 11:00, Classes from 11:30-1:30, Practice from 4-6:00
Saturday: Varies - Nap, homework, watch a movie, etc.
Sunday: Church from 12-1:30pm. After that it varies - Nap, homework, watch a movie, etc.
X as in Zebra...
Posted by Always, Lexi... at 11:50:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey sweetie I'm glad to see that you're doing well. I miss you so much. I am luckily starting to get used to this whole thing also. I can't wait to see you over Christmas though! (At least I HOPE we will!) I miss you and love you, thanks for checking in on me. Loves
Carl
Post a Comment