CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tigers... they aren't so fierce after all...

This fall I was given the chance to go see the Detroit Tigers play at Comerica Park. My friend Mike (Ben's roommate from last year) knew I had never seen them play before but that I wanted to so when his family got extra tickets he offered them to me and his roommate Brad.
Our seats were near the bottom rows down right field side, close behind the foul pole.

Unfortunately the tigers didn't play as fierce as they needed to. I believe it was the first game of their home series against the Chicago White Sox. They left the field that night defeated 8 to 0. (Dave I bet you were so excited when you recieved the game updates on your blackberry :) Although it was a pitiful game to watch (the most exciting part for me was watching Granderson and Ordonez in the outfield - AMAZING players) I still enjoyed my first time experience.
Hopefully next time (and there most definitely will be a next time :) I get to see them on their own field, they'll come away with a win.
The highlight after the game was that every friday night game at Comerica Park, they have a fireworks show afterwards. It was very loud and beautiful... better than any St. Anthony rodeo fireworks I've been to, and almost comparable to our Idaho Falls 4th of July celebration. They do it big out here in Detroit.


0 comments: