CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Fall Break Fun & Happy Halloween...

Over the fall break, which was about three weeks ago I had the chance to go home with my friend and prior softball teammate, Danielle (she decided to focus only on her main sport this year, which is volleyball).
It was lovely getting away from campus. Eating home cooked suppers and sitting down to dinner with a family (although not my own) was a luxury that I had greatly missed. I was also able to do my laundry without having to pay $2.75 and have it actually come out clean instead of the dirt just being mildly swished and swashed around like the washing machines do on campus. :/

The highlight activities of that weekend were pumpkin carving and a hockey game.

D took me to my 1st hockey game. Hockey is a fast paced and intense game....and I think I enjoy it. :) We watched the Toledo Walleye play; they're a new team this year. They lost the game, but it was fun - there were 2 fights that were pretty legit.

Before this year, I couldn't remember the last time that I had carved pumpkins... I forgot how much fun it is to play in the goo, the squirmy insides sliding through your fingertips. (Unfortunately my Mama wasn't around to clean up the seeds and toast them with seasonings to make a scrumptious snack) I decided to attempt at creativity and depart from the normal Jack 'O Lantern face. Instead, I carved a lil bumblebee (* Did you know that aerodynamically bumblebees aren't supposed to fly, but by some miracle they do anyway.)
I took the pumpkin back to campus and place a candle inside. I lit it up for two evenings, after that I had to throw it way - it was starting to get squishy and fruit flys were making their home in it and laying eggs. (Eewww!)
















The next big event in my schedule (extracurricular activity that is) was Halloween. I'm just not a big fan of Halloween. As a child I never liked going trick -0r- treating because I was too shy to ask strangers for candy, even grown ups that I knew...so it took all the fun out of it for me. I did like dressing up in the costumes that my Mama made for my sisters and I.
Anyhow, my roommates and I ended up making a deal... it was a lil bit of a trap that I walked into unintentionally: I had to dress up for Halloween. I wasn't about to go and spend money on a costume that I would most likely never wear again, so fortunately I was able to borrow one of my teammate's sister's old costumes. Drum roll please.... I was a ladybug! :) (Wings were included with the costume, but they were floppy and just ended up being a hassle, I kept hitting people with them)
Overall, I actually enjoyed dressing up and going out with my friends, even at 19 going on 20 years old.

P.S. I'm going to end this blog abruptly...mainly because it's already belated and old news. I really do apologize for not keeping everybody as well informed via my blog as I did last year. Hope ya'll still enjoy the tid bits that I do get posted though.

1 comments:

Carlie said...

hey you,
love your costume. :) I miss you!