CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

When I get around to it...

So, it's me again...busy as a bumblebee. Seriously, I have six classes (18 credit hours) and I have homework EVERY night. I haven't gone to bed before probably midnight this whole week...partly due to the fact that I still get distracted very easily, even at the slightest twitch...which definately slows down the whole productive thing. :)


Anyhow...over the past two weeks while I have been acclimating to the whole college experience I've been having an assortment of new experiences. The most shocking one (we don't have these back in Idaho, at least none that I know of) being that my roommate, our suitemates, and a bunch of boys from the Miriam dorm got all dolled up and went to a club called Necto. (After the experience, my roommate deemed it Nect-NOT....she's not much of a dancer, and I just pretend I am) Since then, I have been to the club once more, and it was a good time, but it will probably never be my regular scene. (You get a work out dancing for hours on end, in close promiximity with people, sweating your body fat off, lol).

Jeni's mother sent us a basket of fruit, and it made us all warm and fuzzy inside. Later in the week, I received a package from the Traftons with homemade snicker doodles and zucchini bread, it made mine as well as my roommate/suitemates day...

Another important fact is that Jeni's and I's room stinks, literally. We don't know what it is, but a few times during the day it just smells...bad and then we go on an 'ousting' spray phase, and then we taste oust in our mouths for the next 15 minutes just so we don't have to plug our nose. (Maybe I'm being slightly dramatic but it really does reek at times, and we have to spray.) We think that something might be in the vents, but we don't call maintainence because that would mean having to rearrange all our furniture and that would mean a lot of hard work.

One night, we just felt like being silly, so we were climbing our doorways, making funny faces, and taking pictures.






Let's see....so far my favorite class is probably my PSCYH101, I find the subject intruiging and my Professor is very easygoing and laid back. My worst classes consist of Intermediate Algebra (Although we just took a test this Friday, and I think I passed with flying colors...hopefully) and Speech Communication...(I hate talking in front of people, and in a moment I will be preparing my part of a group speech that I have to give on Wednesday in class.


This is the view from my window. We hav ea perfect view of everything that goes on in our circle drive, and it's not too bad having the boys dorm right across from ours. Up in the left hand corner of the picture you will see Christmas lights...our window's decoration in the month of September, it's pretty spiffy if I do say so myself.


Anyhow, our dorm Sarah is made up of a lot of the freshman girl athelets while the boys' dorm across from us, Miriam, is made up of a lot of the freshman boys atheletes on campus. Our two dorms get along really well, and for the past two weeks we've spent a lot of time together. (As soon as I have pictures, I will put them up of all the new & exciting people that I'm meeting.



The biggest issue, as of yesterday around noon is the fact that my hair...is decidely shorter than what it used to be. Yesterday, Jeni and I decided to go grocery shopping and also go to Great Clips. (She wanted a trim, and I wanted a lil different style, but not a lot of length lost) Needless to say, we both came out very unhappy because our hair had been butchered. She lost two inces, and my hair has shelfed hair and choppy layers, and it's only to my shoulders. Royally pissed off we are....but what's done is done, and I just keep telling myself it's not that bad and that it will grow out....hopefully really fast. I could ramble on longer about how the hairdresser shouldn't be certified, and that I could've cut my own hair for what I got, but we'll just leave it as a bad experience.
It is raining dreadfully here. On and off all week it has been a down pour. Don't get me wrong, I love rain and I'm enjoying the lush green vegitation, and the moisture...but the rain makes it constantly hot and sticky in the air. For the past two days, the windows and doorways of the buildings are fogged up and nothing even slightly promiscuous is going on behind them...hooray for humidity. All my clothes feel damp to me, and taking a shower is a thought running endlessly through my mind. (Oh random fact, I was told that it will rain if you step on a daddy-long-leg...there are a lot of daddy-long-legs here all across the sidewalks...and squirrels, but I don't think it rains if you step on them, ha ha ha.)
Hmm... I think that is all for now. I'm going to go over to the Miriam dorm and hang out with a few of the guys, Rocko (A sweetheart that reminds me of a big teddy bear like my two best friends back home, Kade & Porter...I MISS YOU GUYS...and your HUGS!), and Morgan, a kid from Texas who recently got bit on the lip by a spider and has an adoreably huge lip now.

Oh snap! That's not all. Have I mentioned that I LOVE being surrounded by so much Christian fellowship. I've been overwhelmed by it, but strictly in a good way. In that sense, I do feel at home here at CUAA. I love the two different church services that I've visited off campus, a lot of college students, and a contemporary worship style. I'm not going to lie though, I miss playing the piano for my own home congregation. During the week, there are so many ways to worship on campus: daily chapel services, dorm devos 2x a week, night worship services, etc. It's so glorious!

Let's see...any more random tid bits, yes, I believe so. I miss hugs from friends and family. I've had about three hugs since I've been here, I really really miss hugs. I also miss telling and having people tell me they love me. Over the phone with family and friends just isn't the same. I miss my mom's home cooked french fries...and any other homecooked food for that matter.

Indeed, I do miss a lot of people and things from back home, but so far I'm having a wonderful experience here at college.

Don't forget about me, and keep in touch.
Always and forever, Lexi.




























































































































1 comments:

Carlie said...

Hey you!
I'm sorry it's taken so long to comment, I'm checking up on you though I swear! I miss you like crazy. I'm glad to see you doing so well. But, sorry about the butchered hair! Gosh I hate that. Sure do miss you in stats, and around the school in general. Visit my blog if you get a sec! I love hearing from you. Miss you babe.
Loves